Sunday, March 13, 2011
Mike is 31!!
WOW. I have been a VERY bad blogger. This last week my body has still been off from the flu and I have just been trying to return to normal and look after Veronica.
On Tuesday Mike turned 31! The day did not start out so great as we had to call a doctor. I had woken up at 7 with a hideous eye problem. It was bright red, hurt, I had white stringy pussy stuff on my eye that was causing blurry vision. yikes. So Mike opened his birthday cards and turned all the money he got over to a doctor. I love Italian people who think they speak English. Especially the doctors. I was told I had a piece of wood in my eye. No wonder it was a mess. I asked him if he could get it out and he said no. I asked when it would come out and he said it was in the back of my eyeball. hmmm... what is he talking about? 130 euros later he left me with a prescription and no closer to understanding what was wrong with my eye. I never filled the prescription and the puss went away. What a waste of money.
Mike headed off to work where he hadn't told anyone it was his birthday. At lunch time I strapped V into the bjorn and headed out to the pastry place. I got a cake, a big plate of pastries and Mike some lunch and headed over to his work.
Once everyone found out it was Mikes birthday they sang to him and then enjoyed a pastry. That night we order pizza and kebabs from Mikes favorite place and had a quiet evening in.
I didn't take any pictures on his birthday but have found some from previous birthdays... Here is a video of Mike receiving his birthday mayonnaise cake :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment