Sunday, July 17, 2011

The day so far...


Does everyone hear Michael reprimanding me in the background???? Whenever I play it he says.... "IT'S TRUE!!!" Even when I read to him what I wrote he says... "IT IS TRUE!!!"

Bounce, bounce, bounce!!

So, this morning got off to an early 6 am start. Mike and I try to take turns on the weekend mornings taking Veronica so the other one can sleep in but because I am up with her alot at night it is usually Mike taking her and me sleeping in or both of us up. We were both up today until she went back to sleep at 8:45. We both went back to sleep and she thankfully slept until almost 11. I got her and thought I would let Mike sleep a little longer so we headed out to the park. Her walking is still soooooooo funny. She stops at every tree to pat and pull at the bark. For those of you who have seen where we live there are trees every couple of feet. This means it takes us a good 40 minutes to walk to the park... with me still carrying her half the way. Once at the park we played on the horsey and then Daddy showed up. We continued to play for a bit and then headed home for pancakes. 

Yum! Pancakes and Prune jam!!

I cheat with the pancakes and just buy a mix. It is quicker than making it from scratch. A coworker of Mikes gave us some homemade prune jam from her prune tree. It is delicious. We like to spread it on our pancakes as well, last night I made a Prune Swirl Cheesecake. YUM!!

And that is our day so far!



2 comments:

  1. Wait a second. A prune is a dried plum. So, does that mean Mike's co-worker has a dried plum tree? What the heck?! Crazy Romans! Yes, yes, I know; the Italian word for 'plum' sounds exactly like the English word 'prune' and you just got mixed up between the two of them. Pretty funny, though! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. huh... I had no idea!!! It is funny because I never thought it tasted like prune!!! hahahah. I will have to tell Mike!

    ReplyDelete