Sunday, July 31, 2011

To the Beach we GO!!




Since it began getting warm here I have wanted to go to the beach. The beach is a little train ride away but with Veronica we were not sure if all the trouble would be worth spending a couple of hours and then returning home. On Wednesday Mike asked me if I still wanted to go to the beach and if so how would I like to do a last minute deal to a resort on the beach two hours south of us at Baia Dominzio... 



OK!!! We rented a car and Friday at 6 we headed out to our weekend paradise! Only to hit traffic. It only took us 3 hours and while Veronica did make it she needed almost constant distraction and interaction to keep from screaming. But at the end of the 3 hour drive we ended up at the Marina Club Hotel. It was wonderful! Veronica had a great little crib with an actual mattress in it and not just the hard bottom. She went to bed and Mike and I retired to our balcony to have a beverage and look at the pool. 
Mike's Fav Lifeguard!
Saturday arrived bright and cheery and after a quick breakfast we all headed down to the beach. It was Veronica's first encounter with sand and surf.. She did not enjoy it in the beginning. We put her on a towel in the shade where she could get used to the sand. I headed off into the water for a bit while Veronica climbed into Mike's lap and stayed there for most of the morning. Every now and then I would look back and once Veronica even ventured to walk in the sand towards the water. We spent most of the morning at the beach and then went up to the room to try and put miss down for a nap. She was a little keyed up so we took her for a walk in her stroller. We went five minutes before she was sound asleep. We all headed back to the hotel where we sat at the outside bar and had a quiet drink. 


After lunch Mike took Veronica into the pool. This went better than the sea. I joined them and we all played in the water for about a half an hour. We all relaxed went back to the beach then to our room. We all took showers to get the sand off ourselves - Veronica had rubber her face with sandy hands. After the shower and some clean cloths Veronica passed out and Mike and I just relaxed for an hour or so.  






We then went back to the outside bar for another drink and then went in for a nice dinner. 




That night Veronica slept for 9 hours without getting up! We came home Sunday morning without much fuss. Veronica did not need as much entertainment and was happy to play on her own in her car seat much to my happiness as I was quiet tired from the weekend. 



















What a wonderful trip we took. It was the perfect weekend with no problems. If we are still here next summer I think we will make a week of it at this place. I already want to go back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


3 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful---beautiful beach too! Glad everything went so smoothly and you were able to enjoy the good Italian life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, a wonderful week-end you three had!!!!! Congraduations!!!!! Nona

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. she looks so darling in her dress from Joe Fresh!!!! Nona

    ReplyDelete