Friday, April 29, 2011

Food-a-licous Friday!!

Feeding Myself... sort of... not really..
Since moving here and having a baby I haven't been the best cook. I tend to find making dinner-or any food for that matter - tedious, time consuming, and just a pain. The food here is a little different so all my usual recipes don't quite work. The other problem is our kitchen does not have many pots, pans, or dishes and since we aren't going to be here for very long I have not invested in any good dishes. When my mother visited I think we ate heated up lasagna the whole time. When I did cook I managed to burn the meal and have it stick to the tray!!

Since she left I discovered a wonderful website called Ginas Skinny Recipes. I have made a couple of these recipes and not only are they easy and delicious but they actually turn out like in the picture. Here are some of the recipes I have made...

Pasta with Sausage, Pepper, and Escarole - I made this last night and changed a few things. Instead of chicken sausage I used regular ones - our little grocery store didn't have chicken ones. And instead of escarole I used spinach.

Baby Pasta Shells with Asparagus and Marinara Sauce - Amazing and easy to make! I didn't make the sauce but used a light basil one.

Enough for two nights!


Grilled Chicken with Spinach and melted Mozzarella - Wonderful AND it is all the colours on the Italian flag!! haha!


Dinner is served!!!
Yum!!!







So there you have it. A great website where they put new recipes up daily and healthy food that is easy and not too time consuming to make. As I make different things I will let you know how they turn out! Next time I will write about the recipes I have used with success from Food.Com .

Below is a video of Veronica this morning. I am not sure when babies should start feeding themselves but I thought I would start letting Veronica find her food and see what she does with it.. A couple of times she even got some banana in her mouth although I think it might have been by accident. Oh and today while I did the dishes she pulled the garbage over and shut her fingers in a kitchen drawer!!! Didn't cry but kept opening and closing the drawer while she gripped the top of the one below!!! But, she was opening and closing the drawer with her weaker arm so I let her keep going! What a MONKEY!


3 comments:

  1. Good for you Catherine, I will try some of the receipts myself, good for Veronica, she is healing herself, little sweetheart that she is, Nona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh maaaaaaaan. I love Italian grocery stores! So much more fresh stuff. Way less added crap, too!

    My favorite food site is http://www.epicurious.com/

    Has recipes for EVERYTHING.

    xo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! Thanks Angus I love looking at cooking sites!!

    ReplyDelete