 |
| this morning |
Well, we are off again to see Dr.Raimondi. The appointment is at 4:15 and again we are feeling pretty confident. Veronica's arm has developed so well and I think it will continue. Is it 100%? No. But, unless you knew what to look for you wouldn't immediately pick out anything wrong. The other day at the park, one of the women was saying how well she moved her arm and she was actually talking about the wrong one. I didn't really contradict her because I didn't feel it mattered but it just goes to show how far she has come.
Veronica finally able to crawl-pull herself up onto the bed!
 |
| Yup, I'm Cute! |
The other day on YouTube I typed in erb's palsy and a whole bunch of videos came up for exercises and other things. There was also a video of a little girl with erb's and it showered her first two years and the gradual development. It was interesting to see and we were trying to compare Veronica's development with hers. I think Veronica developed more but regardless, it was interesting to see how much movement she had by the time she was two.
An attempt to capture her tongue acrobatics
Today when we see the doctor I have a couple of questions for him - I hope I don't forget to ask! - regarding her development and whether her nerves have regenerated or not... I will post the questions and answers when we get back.
Dancing! - She likes Bruno Mars!
Whenever I pulled out the camera she would stop dancing and look at me.
Blogs - I am having a harder time posting because I can't work on them when Veronica is awake. As soon as the computer comes out she is all over it - even though she has her own. The only time I can blog is during her nap time and at night. Her nap time has been really short lately which is why I haven't been able to blog. So, I have not forgotten about blogging it is just not as easy.
This was taken a while ago. When she would fall asleep at the end of the day I wouldn't put her to bed because it was too late in the day so she would have a quick nap on our bed.
Sleeping - Last week Veronica tried, and almost succeeded, in driving Mike and I crazy. Ok, mostly

me crazy. She basically stopped sleeping for longer than and hour... sometimes 45 minutes at a time. And unless I went in and stuck my boob in her mouth she would properly wake up for HOURS!!! Thus I became a human pacifier and poor Mike was not able to help. When she did fully wake up Mike and I or just Mike would take her on walks around the area in her stroller to put her back to sleep. This worked almost every time. I bought a book called the SleepEasy Solution. I was convinced this was the solution to all our problems!! It turns out the solution just had to do with cutting one nap out and her teeth finally coming in. The last three nights have been AMAZING!!! She has been sleeping 12-13 hours only getting up twice and only for about half an hour 45 minutes at the most. Mike and I have also been going to bed as soon as or pretty close to when she goes to sleep, rather than trying to stay up and be adults. For the last two mornings Mike has actually woken up before Veronica! We will see how long this lasts but it is amazing how three good nights of sleeping can clear your mind. No longer do I think I have postpartum depression, no longer do I want to run away, or throw dirty diapers at a wall (only did that once). I can think clearly and function again. I have to say how lucky I am to have such an amazing husband who stayed calm despite an emotionally unstable wife and screaming daughter. He put me in a time out and always made sure to help where and when he could. I am grateful he never yelled, got mad, or judged me. He is wonderful.
This was taken this morning after I left my keys in the apartment and went grocery shopping. We had to walk to Mikes work because I also left my cell... ugh.
Good luck with the Dr today... anxious to hear your news. Happy that V appears to be sleeping so that you two can get more as well !! Love the pics and videos... V is growing up so fast ! Lots of love Dad & Catherine. xoxoxo
ReplyDelete