Friday, January 14, 2011

We did it!

At Zeus Temple


In the restaurant the last night

We went to the Ladybirds playgroup today!!!
(http://www.ladybirds-playgroup.blogspot.com/)

- I was up early stressing about what I was going to wear
- I got lost on the way and had to call Mike to help me find the right street
- Even though we were late we were the first ones there!!
- As soon as I took Veronica out of the bjorn she threw up all over me and the floor
- I forgot to put socks on Veronica so she was in bare feet - oops
- Two categories of women go... The Uk group and the Nannie group
- Everyone was nice, they all said Veronica looks like a little doll!
- 1st tantrum -- During the sing along at the beginning
- Veronica is very tolerent of toddlers stroking her head, face, arms and LOVES toys she can play with sitting up - we need to get her some more toys!!
- At the end of the group, while I was trying to get Veronica in her outside suit she knocked over my hot tea all over her suit, the table and floor
- Since I couldn't put her in her suit I cramed her into a sleeper I had in her diaper bag.
- 2nd tantrum -- getting her dressed then fed her, she fell asleep and I got her into the bjorn and left
- First ones there, last ones out!!!
- Took the metro to the San Giovanni and found another Mom with her toddler there. We talked and then she invited me for coffee next week!!

Today had its ups and downs, I almost cried at one point, but overall I am glad I went. I had to start getting out eventually!!!



5 comments:

  1. Good for you!!! The first time is aways the hardest to start anything and the next time will be easier now that you have met the other Moms, and you know where to go. I think this will be good for the both of you. Love Grandma Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on getting out Miss . As your Mum said the first time is always the most difficult - it can only get easier from now on. Missed speaking to you this morning ! lots of love Dad & Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how much Veronica and Henry look alike judging from the above pictures. Going out alone with baby in Rome? Argghh.. I have to get more hats to take off for you! Suffice it to say that just going a couple of subway stops to meet a friend at her house, I managed to forget Henry's nipple so he was entirely without food. Thank goodness my friend has a child and lots of types of spare nipples. All this to say that it takes a few times to go out and have everything go smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for sticking it out Catherine! That sounds like such a challenging (but then rewarding!) day. I hope you make some new connections to make it feel more homey! Awesome about PT starting up, and I like the "hailing the cab" comment by Mike... always looking for the sunny side :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember when Matty was that little and by the time we were all packed and ready to go...with lots of crying along the way...I was exhausted. I gets easier...promise. That happen to me so many times. I used to pack an extra shirt or wear layers, because he vomited all the time!!! Glad your getting out...it's work-but sometimes it's sanity, too. Even if you just go window shopping, or walk to the grocery store for one thing. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete