Tuesday, January 4, 2011

YAY GREECE!!!

We have arrived safe and sound to Athens Greece!!


Getting ready to leave

Yesterday we took two busses and a train to the Hilton airport hotel in Rome. Mike had two rolly suitcases while I had Veronica in the baby bjorn and pushed her stroller with another suitcase in it. What a sight we all were! The hotel was lovely and we decided to have a nice dinner. Half way through dinner V threw up all over the floor!!!! They actually got maintenance to come and clean it up!!! Embarrassing!


Where's Veronica??
 We slept until 4:45 this morning - I was up twice with Veronica in the night. We got through the airport and to the plane with no problems. I nursed Veronica during take off amd I don't think she even noticed the take off. She was very happy on the plane and made a whole bunch of friends! Everyone loved her! Same with landing, no problems.... and then we got on the train/metro... good lord can Veronica scream!!! luckily she held off her tantrum until we were getting off the metro but it was a very busy place. We went straight to some chairs on the platform, took her out of her stroller and tried comforting her.. didn't work. I whipped my boob out and tried to feed her... not only did this not work but she started to cough/choke - from my milk - continue to scream AND, because we were on a very busy metro platform, people kept stopping to see what was going on!!! They got quite a show! I finally got her calm and put her in the bjorn.. she happily nuzzled in to me and went to sleep. Her tantrum only lasted about 5 - 10 minutes but it felt mike an hour! We then got into an elevator where this old man made cooing noisees to Veronica and then bent down and kissed her hand which was clutching my shirt on my chest.
 
When we finally got out side we walked to the hotel which was very close. Along the way it started to rain. At the hotel we had an excellent lunch - souvlaki, greek salad..mmmmmm. It was lovely until Veronica pooped... all overherself and Mikes jeans. heheh.

I am now listening to Mike snore and Veronica asllep in my arms sighing. The best sounds ever! I am now off to try and nap myself.

We only have internet for 24 hours. We will probably get it again in a couple of days. I will write about how beautiful this country is... it has become our new favorite place!!

4 comments:

  1. I am amazed at the prospect of sight-seeing Athens with a baby! I am reluctant to take Henry even to downtown Toronto :) I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time! I'm interested to know what kinds of foods you try there...octopus?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmm.. yes... sight-seeing with a baby has been interesting..Last night we went for a lovely walk around the outside of the acropolis and she slept the whole way.. today she is fussy - tired. I think the trick is to not expect to do much but plan to see one thing a day and if you see more than great but otherwise just be happy for whatever one thing you saw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well what can I say, Veronica will never remember all of this, there are many people who will remember this screaming, darling baby in Athens,have fun, lucky you. Grandma Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous right now! Greece sounds amazing! I love the pics you've posted. The first one on this post, V resembles you a lot!

    ReplyDelete