Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Domo Origato Dr. Travoto!!

playing on our bed while I put laundry away last week

This is what Mike was singing all morning while we were waiting for the doctor we called to come and check Veronica (and myself) out. This morning when Veronica finally woke WOKE up I noticed she was having trouble opening her right eye due to lots of crusties keeping it closed. Our little dumpling has an eye infection!! Because we do not yet have ourr health cards - they are coming in the mail any day now - and do not have a doctor we went to the internet to figure out what to do. On this wonderful website AngloInfo Rome they have a medical section where you can get doctors (who speak English) to make home visits. Mike called and got Dr.Travoto and for a reasonable fee of 150Euros he would come see us. So he did, spent two minutes looking into Veronicas eyes, diagnosed conjunctivitis, checked me out, no mastitis and then used this niffty IPad to look up the correct eyedrops for Veronica, wrote a perscription and then left. All in all a success. I headed off, got the drops and managed to get two in each eye despite her intense screaming!! I have to do this twice a day for 2-3 days and her eye(s) should clear up. I just hope Mike and I manage to not catch it!!!


On another note, Veronica's new sounds are...mumumumumumumumumumumum. Naturally I take this as her saying mum!!! She isn't really but it is neat to hear more comprehensive sounds from her rather than just spitting, clicking, grunts, moans, and of course crying.


Please watch this on mute. I really hate my voice in these. I just sound so shrill... ugh.

4 comments:

  1. Actually, I think he checked his iPad because it would be impossible to know all the medication names 1 week out of medical school. It is starting to concern me that we are seeing doctors that are younger than myself........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike!
    I actually came home and looked the medication up to be sure it was ok for her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. scary about her eye, but good that she's been seen to. Nice sheets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, nice sheets, would Sheldon approve?

    ReplyDelete